[Retros] Messigny 2013 results

Kevin Begley kevinjbegley at gmail.com
Thu Jul 4 19:34:39 EDT 2013

When two conditions lead to ambiguous interpretations, it is necessary to
define a set of rules, and provide a unique name.

In fact, under such circumstances, it is best to avoid the popular
"condition1 + condition2" naming scheme, so as to provide clarity, with
respect to alternative interpretations.

It has been suggested that "condition1 + condition2" should be ordered, so
as to defer to the rules under the first condition listed.

It has also been suggested, quite naively, that the rules (and soundness)
depend only upon the implementation, by some version of solving software.
Obviously, that suggestion is completely bogus, and anyone claiming this is
suffering from considerable delusion (most likely, they either know very
little about software design, or have given the implications insufficient
consideration).