[Retros] Questions on Coloring Problems

Kevin Begley kevinjbegley at gmail.com
Sat Jul 2 04:02:42 EDT 2011

Actually, upon further reflection, perhaps Alain has a point.
I don't actually employ markers when solving coloring problems, but, it's
wrong of me not to appreciate this issue from the perspective of those who
do... Especially considering that this activity does draw youngsters to
retros.

Perhaps a compromise is possible here...

One idea would be to publish the problems using neutrals of a (perhaps much)
lighter shade -- ensuring greater coloring ease, upon a printed page.
Another idea would be to indicate "uncolored" with white units (for coloring
purposes), but then employ two substitute colors (e.g., red and blue,
instead of white and black) to indicate the opposing sides!?

Unfortunately, the latter idea involves a color scheme which violates the
game's black & white history -- but, then, reasonable compromises are never
ideal.

Kevin