[Retros] Are the King and the Rook pieces of what?

afretro afretro at yandex.ru
Tue Jan 29 16:17:40 EST 2008

Dear Guus,
Of course it was just a joke. In fact I do admire your profound analytical messages.
I was referring to Einstein’s concept of relativity of simultaneity at a speed approaching that of light. In much more practical terms, I have been wondering for a long time as to who can “prove” that a player has touched a piece or two pieces at once if there is no referee nearby. It could be a case of “your word against mine,” the two players making mutually exclusive claims.
As to Roberto’s remark it was brilliant indeed.
Andrey Frolkin