[Retros] Are the King and the Rook pieces of what?

Rol, Guus G.A.Rol at umcutrecht.nl
Thu Jan 31 11:38:21 EST 2008

Thank you Andrey. I do indeed expect that even physical chess boards
will be equipped with sensors in the near future, if only to keep the
game score and do away with the frustrating urge to update the score
sheet in time trouble. And just press the C-button to receive a hard
copy of your glorious win afterwards, or press D to delete all records
of your blundered game ever having existed! The contact-sensors will be
capable of detecting the motions of a piece leaving or entering a square
but I doubt that detecting a player touching the pieces will be quickly
included. For one, to detect which player touched a piece, one must also
wire up the players themselves and this may prove a psychological bridge
too far for some time to come.

Guus Rol.