[Retros] Minimal Deviation from the Rules (MDR)

Rol, Guus G.A.Rol at umcutrecht.nl
Thu Feb 7 05:59:35 EST 2008

> I think the basic principle should be that the solver is required in

principle to demonstrate whether any position, even a fairy position, is
legal

That is a strong requirement, probably too strong. How many Maxinummers
will become illegal for the absence of a maximized last move? I'd favor
the requirement in a retro-environment only, meaning (a) the stipulation
is of a retrotype (b) the presentation context is retro like the
retro-section of a magazine. Or may be you already assumed this?

Guus Rol