[Retros] How many times could a Diagram be repeated during a legal game?

Alexander George ageorge at amherst.edu
Sun Jun 3 10:50:51 EDT 2007

If "legal" means _legal under FIDE tournament rules_, then I believe the answer to your first question, (a), is "Infinitely many times"; that is, there is no upper bound to the number of times a position may be repeated. I posted my reasons on ChessProblem.net a while back, and you can find them here: <http://chessproblem.net/viewtopic.php?t=127>.

Regards,

Alexander George