[Retros] A fruitful concept

afretro afretro at yandex.ru
Thu Oct 26 00:27:42 EDT 2006

Dear Nicolas and all,

> In every chess-work that I published with some co-author,

> the one who gave the final touch had his name at the end.

All right, let it be so. I have been practicing a different approach: usually, the name of the co-author with the more considerable contribution to the problem was in the first place. In this case, record-setting can be regarded as ⌠the greater contribution,■ but not necessarily.

> Itamar Faybish (┘) found the beautiful following Bishop case in 8.5

It is a new record √ and that is what makes it noteworthy; it is a very good achievement, but your previous pattern, with the bishop Rundlauf, was in my opinion more beautiful from the esthetic point of view.
This counterpart capture √ switchback mate concept has proved to be amazingly fruitful, hasn▓t it?
Best,
Andrey