[LargeFormat] Hello all

Wilkes, Don LCS:EX Don.Wilkes at gov.bc.ca
Mon Jun 9 15:03:24 EDT 2008

> I am a little concerned at the recent posting by Nephew Don in

> which he links Uncle Dick with the word "brute".

Only in the champagne sense of the word, Uncle...

> You can accommodate two

> spotlight operators and

> 2 shooters on the back of a '69 Dodge ute if you weld a

> padded roll cage on it

Rather reminds me of an illustration in an old issue of National Lampoon, entitled "Dog Fishing in America", in which the sportsmen were trolling for poodles from the back of a vintage Cadillac convertible.

> they discovered that the basic metal up there is not

> sufficient to support enthusiasm.

What a lovely turn of phrase...

And speaking of turns, we could certainly use a turn in the weather about now. Considering we're only 11 days away from the summer solstice in the north, it's rather appallingly chilly and wet out. With luck, we'll get up to about 12°C today, a damned sight less than what's happening down there in the antipodes, which is supposedly heading into "winter". It's not fair, I tell you, and certainly not conducive to tromping about in the woods with forty pounds of photo gear. I'm only a young lad of 58, yet fogey-ish words such as "humbug" are increasingly popping into my vocabulary with every passing day of crappy weather.

Still, whenever I'm feeling down, I'm comforted by the thought, "At least I'm not in Ottawa..."

Soggily yours,
\donw