[LargeFormat] road trip

Richard Knoppow dickburk at ix.netcom.com
Thu Jul 21 22:19:40 EDT 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jim Brick" <jim at brick.org>
To: <largeformat at f32.net>
Sent: Thursday, July 21, 2005 6:22 PM
Subject: Re: [LargeFormat] road trip

> At 04:47 PM 7/21/2005, Richard Knoppow wrote:
>
>>  Also check at http://www.krages.com/  for an article on
>> photographer's rights by an attorney.
>>
>>---
>>Richard Knoppow
>

> It is true that photographers have rights. I'm a member of
> ASMP, who constantly tell me about all of the rights I
> have and that they have negotiated with the government.
> The problem is that local constabularies do not know these
> rights and are simply bent on protecting their local folks
> and way of life. Most people simply do not understand why
> one would photograph a barn, train whistle stop, grain
> silos, etc. So it is better to be prepared with "proof of
> who you are, what you are doing, and why you are doing
> it," than to sit for hours in a sheriff's office, your
> equipment confiscated (even if temporarily) wasting away
> the day until rights and wrongs can be sorted out.
>
> Jim
   I was not suggesting anything of the sort. My point is
that everyone should know their rights and the law.
   I never argue with police officers, it just gets their
backs up. One reason stuff like this goes on is that taking
any effective legal action is too expensive.
---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA
dickburk at ix.netcom.com