[LargeFormat] road trip

Jim Brick jim at brick.org
Thu Jul 21 21:22:37 EDT 2005

At 04:47 PM 7/21/2005, Richard Knoppow wrote:

>  Also check at http://www.krages.com/  for an article on photographer's
> rights by an attorney.
>
>---
>Richard Knoppow

It is true that photographers have rights. I'm a member of ASMP, who
constantly tell me about all of the rights I have and that they have
negotiated with the government. The problem is that local constabularies do
not know these rights and are simply bent on protecting their local folks
and way of life. Most people simply do not understand why one would
photograph a barn, train whistle stop, grain silos, etc. So it is better to
be prepared with "proof of who you are, what you are doing, and why you are
doing it," than to sit for hours in a sheriff's office, your equipment
confiscated (even if temporarily) wasting away the day until rights and
wrongs can be sorted out.

Jim