[LargeFormat] How to pay German shops

Marco Pauck largeformat@f32.net
Thu Jun 19 14:02:00 2003

Let me clarify a few things (yes, I'm German ;-)

Credit cards are not *that* seldom used in Germany. Most most
larger shops, restaurants, etc. accept them. If you travel a lot,
as I do, you really need a credit card to pay flights, hotels,
cars, etc. Some hotels even require a CC for reservation ...

But it's true, due to the high fees CCs are second class payment
methods especially compared to the ec-card which is very popular
here.

Regarding the eBay specifics observed by tripspud: Profiles are
visible to German users even though surprisingly not international
users. And yes, there is no 'reserve' which I consider as an absurd
concept anyway - an appropriate starting price makes far more sense.

Marco