[LargeFormat] How to pay German shops

tripspud largeformat@f32.net
Thu Jun 19 11:48:37 2003

Hi Philip,

       An aside about Germany.  I've noticed that on the eBay, you can
not look at another buyer's profile if they are a German citizen.  I do
a lot of snooping on buyer's before I bid, to find out if they've already
bought a similar item, they're bidding practises, etc.  All this is available
for past auctions they have bid on up to 30 days.  But a disclaimer appears
stating that German law prohibits revealing private information on auctons.

      Also auctions on eBay.de never have reserves because of German law,
though the seller can still set a very high opening bid like elsewhere, often
not an auction, but a 'for sale'.

Cheers,

Rich Lahrson
Berkeley, California