[LargeFormat] Introductions_aigner

Eduardo Aigner largeformat@f32.net
Thu Jan 23 09:10:22 2003

Well, I am a 32 years old guy living in Porto Alegre (pop.: 1.500.000, the
city of the World Social Forum) in the extreme south Brazil (near Uruguay
and Argentina borders). I did not graduated in architecture because my new
passion for photography was so strong that I could't stand making those
drawings anymore...

From my first Pentax K100 till now I have been upgrading my gear and
knowledge always up. Nikon FM2, then Mamyia 67, Pentax 67 and two 500CM
Hassie now. The square image, and the Zeiss glass, was a long time dream.
Now I shoot with 40mm, 50mm, 80 and 150mm in this format. One year ago I
bought my first "large": a Toyo 45D with a Symmar 240mm. Both were with
strong problems (light leaks, fungus, broken base) and I made only about 20
sheets of film in that year long. But things are going better now: Last
month I found, and bought, a Linhhof Kardan Color 45S in mint condition with
bag and normal bellows, technika adapter lens board, reflex finder,
rollex69, 12 4x5 film holders in box, and the best: a Super Angulon 75mm
1:5,6 and a Nikkor W 180mm 1:5,6, both as new! An amount of around USD
750,00 ! Together with a Nikkor W 150mm 1:5,6 and a Super Angulon 90mm 1:8
from another estate I am a happy guy again.

I shoot most b+w and use two Omega: a B8 6x9 and a great D5 XL with a
chromega color head. The glass are 50mm Componar , 75mm EL Nikkor, 105mm EL
Nikkor, 135mmES Fujinon and 150mm Rodenstock Omegaron.

All to say that my main interest and work are the urban landscape and the
architecture. Despite some personal essays I shoot only architecture. I work
for the major newspaper in town where a weekly decoration suplement is
published.

EDUARDO AIGNER