[LargeFormat] Crown Graphic Movements(or lack of) ?

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Sun Jan 12 15:25:11 2003

At 11:45 12/01/2003 -0800, Mike Kirwan wrote:
>There is one modification you can make to make the Graphic a little more
>flexible and that is to reverse the front standard. By doing this you get
>the benefit od being able to increase the depth of field from near to far by
>giving you a forward tilt rather than a backward tilt on the front standard.
snip

Whilst this may give some additional flexibility for pre-Anniversary
models, the Anniversary, Pacemaker, Century, and Super Graphics cameras all
have a drop bed which allows you to both use wide angle lenses (without
taking photos of the bed!). In fact, I believe that all Crown Graphic
models (1947-1973) had drop beds. Using the drop bed with some rising front
gives you all the forward front tilt that you'll be likely to need for
general landscape work.

The Crown and Speed Graphic cameras are very flexible - the only thing
missing is back movements and of course the lack of a rotating back
facility (which they make up for by having two tripod holes, one on the
bottom and one on the side). Pop over to http://www.graflex.org for loads