[LargeFormat] Jobos for 5x7?

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Tue Oct 22 18:14:57 2002

At 22:57 21/10/2002 -0700, Frank Filippone wrote:
>Clive.. the 2840 and 2551/2553 tanks have, in their central section, ribs on
>the inside walls  of the tank to keep the film from touching the bare walls.
>Having said that, I think it can be assumed that in total, you MIGHT have to
>still clear the back of the film ( antihalation coating) by a post wash wash
>in another vessel or even a tray....  Not a big deal......
>
>If you get a tank, you will see special ribs to hold the film edge.... it
>makes more sense if you had a drum in front of you.....
>
>My comment about bromide drag = Clive's comment about laminar flow
>problems.....

Frank,

Thanks for the info. Will have a check through the various tanks here to
see what I have for the CPE2. There is a 4x5 solution here in terms of two
tanks and spirals etc. I have a few sheets of exposed 5x7 from a shoot
about three weeks ago so will see if they can be processed with the Jobo in
print drums. As for 8x10, I am happier using trays at the moment and still
have some Pyro testing to do that will be tray based.

I managed to miss a lift for the CPE2 a while back before finding out the
new cost of the things - reassuringly expensive is the term I would use.......