[LargeFormat] Light Meter Reccomendation

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Mon Apr 8 09:15:18 2002

At 15:52 06/04/02 -0500, Hornford, Dave wrote:
>I am in the market for a light meter for my wilderness photography.
>
>I currently do most of my photography with a Sinar Alpina and use a
>Nikon F70 as a light meter. My pictures are divided 1/3 ProviaF 100 and
>2/3 Ilford Delta 100.

I normally carry a couple of meters with me on trips - if backpacking will
always take the Pentax V Analogue spotmeter in preference to the Gossen
Lunasix Pro F.  The advantage of the Lunasix is that it also acts as a
flashmeter for all that fill-in work in the field :-)  Booth meters have
analogue scales.

Digital meters are counterintuitive in that it is easier to work with an
analogue scale when thinking about exposure.

The other option is to take Robert Lawrence with you, he is heavier than
either the Pentax or Gossen meters but is as accurate as either :-)