[LargeFormat] Film loading

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Sat Nov 10 16:34:02 2001

At 10:30 am +0800 10/11/01, Stein wrote:
>Dear Tony,
>
>     The changing bag is in reality a doorway into an alien world.
>And that world is hot and humid and full of dust. I use one in the
>field and have found that the best things to do are:
>
>1.    Dry everything off well before you enter the bag. Hands,
>holders, film boxes, etc.
snippety

One thing I forgot to mention when talking about film holders - I
always use a set of white cotton gloves when diving into the changing
bag, and if at all possible wash my hands before using 'em.  You can
pick up "refreshing towels" (?) or baby wipes from a supermarket
before going on the trip - very useful when water is precious.

The cotton gloves enable you to feel for the edge of the film to make
sure that it is under the runners in the normal double film holders -
or under the retaining strips of Grafmatic septums without adding
fingerprints to your images.