[LargeFormat] stuck RC prints

Les Newcomer largeformat@f32.net
Tue Jun 12 22:04:10 2001

My lovely 5 year old daughter spilled some liquid on a stack of RC color
prints (fuji Crystal Archive to be exact) alas she didn't say anything
and now I have about 15 or 20 prints that have a fused  area  1/4" x 10"
more or less.

In the past I've not been successful at rescuing prints in this state. I
tried freezing the prints for half a day hoping to break the bond
without success.

Now I'm ready to sit them in a bath of Photoflo? ORbit?  Joy? Jack
Daniels? overnite and see what happens.

I do have the negatives and are reprintable, but I see this as a two
fold opportunity to A) save some money and B) experiment

anybody else 'been here, done this?

Maybe some of the cross listers on this list could get some input from
either alt photo or hist photo?

Les