[Jacob-list] (no subject)

stonecroft235 at juno.com stonecroft235 at juno.com
Thu Jul 24 10:49:18 EDT 2003

A question to everyone - do you experience more waste when feeding
alfalfa than when feeding orchard grass?  And by alfalfa, I mean
unchopped, regular alfalfa.......or do your sheep waste either way.
Those of you who feed only orchard grass hay(plain w/o alfalfa), how do
you supplement for extra protein?  Alfalfa is more palatable to sheep,
right?..........so do you have a problem getting them to eat only orchard
grass hay?  (Yes, I know if they are hungry they will eat it, but do you
see it as a problem?)

Thanks

Sue Martin
Stonecroft