[Jacob-list] shears

Mary Ellen Hansson mhansson1 at triad.rr.com
Sun Jul 6 08:58:26 EDT 2003

Hi,

I prefer hand-held shears myself.  They are simple to use, once you
learn the grip are very simple to use, they are quiet, you can shear
wherever you happen to want to shear (not limited by electrical power
source), they won't take the fleece completely off the sheep leaving
bare skin to burn in the sun unless you are really trying, and they cost
considerably less than the electrical versions and don't require
professional service tightening, sharpening, etc.  I have used my pair
now for 8 years, and had the initial investment of $40.  I packed them
up and did a friend's sheep just 3 weeks ago (VERY late here in
NC)---worked like a charm!

Mary Ellen Hansson

ISeeSpots Farm www.iseespots.com

Jacob Sheep, Fiber, Spinning equipment,

Books, Patterns, Knitting/Crochet/Tatting