[Jacob-list] Lister Sheers

Linda Bjarkman patchworkfibers at alltel.net
Sat Jul 5 18:57:07 EDT 2003

What? I don't think that a good Jacob fleece should be denser than a commercial bred
sheep.  Jacobs are much more open coated than something like a Suffolk or
Corriedale.

I sheared my sheep for 10 years with Fiskars and anything that I couldn't get a pair
of Fiskars into, I felt was way too dense for my idea of a Jacob.  I did eventually
buy some Oster Shears, but I'm just not very good with electric shears.  For the
last two years we have had a shearer come and shear and I have to say that is sure
an easy way to get the shearing done!

Linda