[Jacob-list] Geneotype testing

Royal D. Unzicker runzicker at erols.com
Wed Nov 1 12:10:34 EST 2000

Hi Heather and Jacob Breeders,
Last year I had two Jacob rams and one Tunis ram gneotype tested to see
how susceptible they may be to Scrapies.  The Tunis was QR and the two
Jacob rams were both RR.  RR and QR are considered resistant to Scrapies
according to information from my county agent.  His information also
said, "in the US all positives for Scrapies have been QQ at codon 171.
Around the world, there have been 6 QR Suffolks which have developed
Scrapies.  There was also 1 RR Suffolk in Japan which developed the
disease."  If this info was in the article you referred to, sorry to
repeat. I did not see the article.
Royal