[IETF-IDRM] Re: IDRM research group closed

chris mollis cmollis@objectlab.com
Mon, 10 Feb 2003 10:16:47 -0500

Since the ISMA DRM spec is unavailable, we've implemented a simple 'hook's
implementation on top of the 1.0 spec.. there are some ISMA 1.0 issues we've
had to deal with, however. For example, the length of the URL field that
holds the OD track isn't long enough hold a full DOI and we can only use
symmetric keys in CFB mode because of packetization issues.. things like
this... We wrote up as many issues as we could and included them with the
release...

----- Original Message -----
From: "Marshall Eubanks" <tme@multicasttech.com>
To: "chris mollis" <cmollis@objectlab.com>
Cc: <lists29051972@gmx.de>; <ietf-idrm@idrm.org>
Sent: Monday, February 10, 2003 9:36 AM
Subject: Re: [IETF-IDRM] Re: IDRM research group closed

Is this connected at all with the ISMA MPEG-4 DRM solutions ?

On Monday, February 10, 2003, at 09:27 AM, chris mollis wrote:

> OpenIPMP implements a reference-platform DRM system for mpeg4
> audio/video,
> and mpeg1-L3 audio..  Please download at
> www.sourceforge.net/projects/openipmp.

                                  Regards
                                  Marshall Eubanks

T.M. Eubanks
Multicast Technologies, Inc
10301 Democracy Lane, Suite 410
Fairfax, Virginia 22030
Phone : 703-293-9624       Fax     : 703-293-9609
e-mail : tme@multicasttech.com
http://www.multicasttech.com

Test your network for multicast :
http://www.multicasttech.com/mt/