Is Roger chicken shit?

Jim Strong strongjim@yahoo.com
Thu, 6 Dec 2001 05:38:24 -0800 (PST)

Hokay! This exchange between Mike and Roger is becomin
lively (that's fine) and taking on overtones of the
blathering rhetoric (not fine) that posturing,
bellicose guv-mints engage in before they swing a few
at each other.
Mike - the Hamas (and others of similar bent)have
about as much chance of taking out Israel as the
Austin High football team has of routing the Oakland
Raiders. Better to toss your favorite toy poodle in
with a pack of pit bulls and hope for victory.
Roger - when your historical memory includes the
systematized round up and killing and gassing of
millions of your genetic brothers and sisters from all
walks of life for absolutely no good reason, you too
might be a bit sensitive to political tracts that
suggest the eventual disappearance of what you might
view as your current literal or spiritual homeland.
BUT -
When that escalates Mike's personal frustration to the
point of suggesting "knocking (Roger's) teeth down
(his) throat," that's as far as it should go and
hopefully you both will realize that the whole idea of
the Ghetto and what went on there in the 60's was one
of a free forum where all ideas could have their day
and rise, fall or just sit there based upon their own
(perceived) merit.
Case in point (last time I'll say it):
Conversation with a then liberal John Silber at Gil's
house after about a liter of Paisano.
SUBJECT: Silber wanted to bounce the Southern
Conservatives out of the Democrat Party.
"Geee, John, if we're not careful we will lose all the
benefits of an interchange of ideas, and we will
manage to do to the Democrats what the Republicans
haven't been able to do."
Silber disagreed, of course and went on to become an
arch conservative wannabe politician himself up in
Boston.
THE POINT IS, we need to be able to TALK about ideas
or things we may disagree with violently without
discarding each other as worthwhile people or pounding
on each other.
Michael, please call off the Sayeret Duvdevan and
Shayetet 13. Roger, try to understand this is a sore
point with Michael based upon some agonizing
historical memory.
Jon's camel rantings are bad enough without topping
them with "chickenshit."
Billy Jim

--- Frances Morey <Frances_Morey@excite.com> wrote:
> Mike,
> As a former Jew, ie. one who does not practice or
> adhere to the faith of
> Judaism, you sure are thin skinned on the subject.
> Frances
>

> On Wed, 05 Dec 2001 08:35:22 -0600, Michael
> Eisenstadt wrote:
>
> >  Roger,
> >
> >  Your literary skills have improved immensely
> since
> >  you got into computers a few years ago. Writing
> >  lotsa emails since I got my first computer in
> >  1994, I too have noticed increased fluency.
> >
> >  Your post this morning asked what I was getting
> >  at in expressing the hope of running into you
> >  soon. Your ear is excellent. I had written "I
> >  feel like knocking your teeth down your throat"
> >  but then I deleted it.
> >
> >  Fisk refers to Sharon's out of control rabble
> >  of an army. He denies the right of Israel to
> >  exist. This is an expression of ULTRA anti-
> >  Israel prejudice. If you poisonally hold these
> >  views, don't be surprised at my animus.
> >
> >  As for censoring your speech, as you should
> >  already know, that is above my pay grade.
> >
> >  Are these your views? Or are you too chicken
> >  shit to admit it?
> >

> "The Skinny on Weight Loss: One Woman's
> True Journey to Fat and Back" by Frances Morey
> Order online <www.xlibris.com/bookstore>
> or by phone at 1-888-795-4274 Extension #276

> Send a friend your Buddy Card and stay in contact
> always with Excite Messenger
> http://messenger.excite.com

=====
The peace of the cosmos is infinite motion