Excite extinguishers

Frances Morey frances_morey@excite.com
Wed, 5 Dec 2001 10:52:50 -0800 (PST)

Did Excite go out of business nationwide? It still seems to be working here.
But there were a few days when I thought I had lost it and couldn't get On.
I always think it is my fault first, but later in the day I discovered that
the glitch was widespread and several other businesses along Burnet Road
were having the same problem.
Frances

On Tue, 4 Dec 2001 18:33:19 -0800, Monty/Judith Herr wrote:

>  ________________
>  The Bad News: Our broadband cable access to the Internet was "Excite"
which
>  went out of business last Saturday - and was replaced this morning.
>  The Good News: Our provider, AT&T, figured out how to do it themselves -
>  let's hear it for the techies of the world!
>
>  The Herr boxes are now established including (fanfare)...
>
>  herr@attbi.com -
>
>  (I'm told the pneumonic is short for AT&T Broadband Internet - nothing
like
>  as easy as home.com.....c'est la vie.)
>

>  Judith M. Herr
>  Well Chosen Words