Segway, Last Colonial War, rebellious youth

Roger Baker rcbaker@eden.infohwy.com
Tue, 4 Dec 2001 19:06:18 -0800

--Apple-Mail-2--850392195

On Tuesday, December 4, 2001, at 10:58 AM, Michael Eisenstadt wrote:

> Roger Baker sent 2 paragraphs and 2 Web page pointers.
>
> Stylistically it is not clear who wrote these 2 paragraphs.
> Did you, Roger, write them or did you paste them in from
> somewhere else? Please advise.

Screw the stylistic analysis; I wrote it.

Generally speaking, IMHO, if something seems true then I probably
wrote it and if it seems untrue, then I probably didn't  ; >)

> As for the 2 pointers, one of them is broken.

I believe both of them work. Try the second one again:

http://www.everreviledrecords.com/

> The other
> is to an article by a Robert Fisk who wishes the Jews
> in Israel to be driven out and the land to be reclaimed
> by Arabs.

Fisk never says anything like that. Here is what Fisk DOES say:

"Can Ariel Sharon control his own people? Can he control his army? Can
he stop them from killing children, leaving booby traps in orchards or=20=

firing
tank shells into refugee camps? Can Sharon stop his rabble of an army
from destroying hundreds of Palestinian refugee homes in Gaza? Can
Sharon "crack down" on Jewish settlers and prevent them from stealing
more land from Palestinians? Can he stop his secret-service killers from
murdering their Palestinian enemies =96 or carrying out " targeted=20
killings",
as the BBC was still gutlessly calling these executions yesterday in its
effort to avoid Israeli criticism.

It is, of course, forbidden to ask these questions. So let's "legalise"=20=

them.
The Palestinian suicide bombings in Jerusalem and Haifa are disgusting,
evil, revolting, unforgivable. I saw the immediate aftermath of the=20
Pizzeria
suicide bombing in Jerusalem last August: Israeli women and children,
ripped apart by explosives that had nails packed around them =96 =
designed
to ensure that those who survived were scarred for life..."

I suspect Fisk mostly wants right wing hawk Israelis like Ariel Sharon=20=

to stop
trying to inflame a war with Palestine and to stop intimidating=20
Palestinians in
Palestine and support a Palestinian state like Bush has said he does too=20=

recently.

These conflicts are not black and white, although many more Palestinians=20=

have
died than Israelis recently. Obviously there is "terrorism" on both=20
sides as Fisk says.
All this is a good reason to support peace efforts and non-violence over=20=

military
conflict in Afghanistan and all over the mideast.

Fisk tends to side with the oppressed everywhere, as the following link=20=

on
the Afghan war also indicates:

http://news.independent.co.uk/world/asia_china/story.jsp?story=3D108198

> Is that your view as well, Roger? Remind me to
> bring this issue up the next time we meet face to face.

Why beat around the bush? Do you mean to use intimidation
to prohibit posting points of view you don't like -- or what do you
mean?

> Robert Fisk writes:
>
> "The reality is that the Palestinian/Israeli conflict is
> the last colonial war. The French thought that they were
> fighting the last battle of this kind. They had long ago
> conquered Algeria. They set up their farms and settlements
> in the most beautiful land in North Africa. And when the
> Algerians demanded independence, they called them
> "terrorists" and they shot down their demonstrators and
> they tortured their guerrilla enemies and they murdered
> =96 in "targeted killings" =96 their antagonists."
>
> Fisk is sly. He doesnt have the courage to say outright
> that the Jews are to be driven into the sea. He hopes
> merely that they suffer the same experience as the
> French who finally departed Algeria after a long nasty
> colonial war. And this is what you believe also, Roger?
> That the Jews in Israel should run away or die?

--Apple-Mail-2--850392195