[MyAppleMenu] Jan 20, 2008

applesurf at myapplemenu.com applesurf at myapplemenu.com
Sun Jan 20 13:15:00 EST 2008

**** MacBook Air: Ethereal Or Unrealistic? <http://blogs.computerworld.com/macbook_air_ethereal_or_hard_reality>
by Scot Finnie, Computerworld
Apple may never succeed in the enterprise if it continues to believe that it can lead enterprise users by the nose and dictate the compromises they must accept.

**** Replacing MacBook Air Battery, Allegedly Easy As Pie <http://arstechnica.com/journals/apple.ars/2008/01/19/replacing-macbook-air-battery-allegedly-easy-as-pie>
by Erik Kennedy, Ars Technica

**** The Risk Of Innovation: Will Anyone Embrace It? <http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/20/business/20ping.html?_r=1&ex=1358485200&en=49bac3c9de80cc41&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss&oref=slogin>
by G. Pascal Zachary, New York Times
Whether humans will embrace or resist an innovation is the billion-dollar question facing designers of novel products and services. Why do people adapt to some new technologies and not to others? Fortunes are made and lost on the answer.

**** The Mystery Of Genius <http://books.guardian.co.uk/reviews/biography/0,,2243061,00.html>
by Andrew Motion, Guardian
A reassessment must not only reinterpret what is already known; it must remake the case for general readers almost from scratch.

**** On Africa's Roof, Still Crowned With Snow <http://travel.nytimes.com/2008/01/20/travel/20Explorer.html>
by Neil Modie, New York Times
A thick veil of snow had settled on Kilimanjaro the morning after my group arrived in Tanzania. Over breakfast, we gazed at the peak filling the sky above the palm trees of our hotel courtyard in Moshi, the town closest to the mountain. It was as Hemingway described it: "as wide as all the world, great, high, and unbelievably white in the sun."

**** Principals WHo Put Down Students Have No Place In Educating Our Young <http://theonlinecitizen.com/2008/01/20/principals-who-put-down-students-have-no-place-in-educating-our-young/>
by Andrew Loh, theonlinecitizen

**** Opposition Moots Election Reform Group <http://www.straitstimes.com/Latest%2BNews/Singapore/STIStory_198218.html>
by Zakir Hussain, Straits Times
Opposition activists have called for a reform of the electoral system here and aim to set up a committee to see how this can be achieved.

**** The Emerald Helm Of Unlimited Stupidity <http://www.insanepoly.com/blog/?p=467>
by Insane Polygons
Afterall this is a guy who comes from an organisation that celebrates unfettered stupidity, where orders are to be followed and obeyed no matter how stupid it is. So what kind of an explanation were you hoping from him?

**** Bus Arrival Panel Is Great - When It's Accurate: Survey <http://www.straitstimes.com/Free/Story/STIStory_198113.html>
by Nur Dianah Suhaimi, Straits Times

**** Interest In Carpooling Revives <http://www.straitstimes.com/Free/Story/STIStory_198110.html>
by Jamie Ee, Chen Meiyue and Alex Liam, Straits Times
With petrol prices and taxi fares going through the roof, sharing rides is becoming more popular here. Recently, at least five online websites have sprung up on carpooling last common in the 1970s.