[Retros] rights & ocassions / not answering Andrew anymore

per olin per.olin at luukku.com
Mon May 26 15:20:29 EDT 2014

Dear Guus,

Many thanks for the recollection of your problem!   Some observations:

- The stipulation is interesting, can it be stated as short as 'Drawn'?  The PDB gives 'Die Stellung ist remis.  BP in 41.5'  Somehow I think that the number of moves must be given or alternatively required Shortest (proof)game.

- The repetition phase of 12 moves is, as far as I know,  the record.   I will certainly,  probably not take any challenge to try for a longer one or one with a better ratio repetition versus non-repetition moves.  Life is too short for that!

- As the problem got 2nd Prize Probleemblad 2003, it means that PDB has not been updated with that information (certainly not the only one with missing distinctions).

- Premature repetition  -  is this a try where the repetition cycle is too short in the try compared to the stipulation and in the solution there is a longer one?

- Little bug!?  I don't think it has anything to do with how the stipulation is expressed.  That is more a technical matter.   Now the whole Retro community has something to think about,  suggestions have already been given.   I interpret it not to be serious as giving it away would spoil some fun.

Looking forward to you future book!

Best wishes
Per