[Retros] rights & ocassions / not answering Andrew anymore

per olin per.olin at luukku.com
Fri May 23 15:10:01 EDT 2014

Dear Guus,

Probably not mentioned in the discussion here, but thematic!, a question concerning your proof game from  Probleemblad 2003,   nr 1011937 in PDB.  The repetition maneuver has impressed me very much.  How on earth have you been able to compose such a problem?  Will it be dealt with in your future book?   Or perhaps we can have the story here in Retro Corner?   Certainly a problem that deserves  more attention than just being in a data base.  Copied below without diagram.

Best wishes

Per

P1011937,
Guus Rol
R222 Probleemblad 12/2003

(13+13) C+
Die Stellung ist Remis. BP in 41,5
1. h4 g5 2. hxg5 d5 3. Th6 d4 4. Tg6 Lh6 5. Tg7 d3 6. g6 dxc2 7. d4 Dd5 8. Lg5 Dxg2 9. Kd2 Dd5 10. e4 Dxa2 11. Df3 De6 12. d5 Sf6 13. dxe6 Sd5 14. Df6 Sc6 15. f3 Sd8 16. Lb5+ c6 17. Se2 Tg8 18. Txg8+ Lf8 19. Df4 Sf6 20. Th8 Sg8 21. Lf6 Lh6 22. Lg7 Lg5 23. Lf8 Sf6 24. Tg8 Sd7 25. Lg7+ Sf8 26. Lf6 Lh6 27. Tg7 Sd7 28. Lg5 Sb6 29. Df6 Sd5 30. Tg8+ Lf8 31. Df4 Sf6 32. Th8 Sg8 33. Lf6 Lh6 34. Lg7 Lg5 35. Lf8 Sf6 36. Tg8 Sd7 37. Lg7+ Sf8 38. Lf6 Lh6 39. Tg7 Sd7 40. Lg5 Sb6 41. Df6 Sd5 42. Tg8+ remis