[Retros] rights & occasions

Kevin Begley kevinjbegley at gmail.com
Wed May 14 16:15:53 EDT 2014

Excellent -- and delightful -- point, Noam.

In fact, this example helps demonstrate why castling rights must be
inherent information in the position, and not based upon any possibility of
execution.
The alternative representation, would allow for numerous alterations of
castling rights, merely by giving check, attacking the intermediate square,
or attacking the destination square of the castled King.

This is why I have asked for some definition of the alternative
interpretation (when, in fact, I'd much prefer a description in
pseudo-code).

Kevin.