[Retros] Ch5: Place of the Retro Logics

Kevin Begley kevinjbegley at gmail.com
Sat Jun 21 03:30:04 EDT 2014

ps: in problem chess, we need not buy our pieces.

Good luck selling Hasbro on the potential revenues in the MtG Problem
market.
You should read this:
http://www.superdataresearch.com/content/uploads/2009/08/TCG2010.pdf

The first thing you should note (if you don't already know): revenue was
always the primary motivation for MtG.
The second thing you should note:  the folks who have been playing MtG
enthusiasts for suckers are actively seeking some means to draw revenue
from solitary enthusiasts.

Read that last statement carefully...
The primary limitation on sales projections:  the suckers who purchase MtG
can not find anyone to engage in active play.
As a result, they discontinue the endless purchase of what are essentially
pokemon cards.

You want to know the only reason why MtG can not compete with chess
problems?  Because Habro has found no way to make money selling takebacks!

Do not make the mistake of comparing problem chess with such an absurd
commercial endeavor, -- it only erodes your own credibility to profess to
have been taken by their fantasy marketing pitch.