[Retros] More fun with rules

Joost de Heer joost at sanguis.xs4all.nl
Mon Jun 16 05:42:54 EDT 2014

Hello,

 From the FIDE handbook
(http://www.fide.com/fide/handbook.html?id=171&view=article):

----
7.5

     If during a game it is found that an illegal move has been
completed, the position immediately before the irregularity shall be
reinstated. If the position immediately before the irregularity cannot
be determined, the game shall continue from the last identifiable
position prior to the irregularity. Articles 4.3 and 4.7 apply to the
move replacing the illegal move. The game shall then continue from this
reinstated position.
     If the player has moved a pawn to the furthest distant rank,
pressed the clock, but not replaced the pawn with a new piece, the move
is illegal. The pawn shall be replaced by a queen of the same colour as
the pawn.
----
9.2

The game is drawn, upon a correct claim by a player having the move,
when the same position for at least the third time (not necessarily by a
repetition of moves)
----

With these rules I can draw against anyone: I play an illegal move, the
position is reinstated, I play another illegal move, the position is
reinstated again, and now I can claim a 3-fold repetition draw because
this position occurred for the 3rd time in this game :)

Furthermore, the clausule 'in the same game' is missing from the 3R
rule: The beginposition has occurred millions of times with the same
player to move and castling rights equal.

Joost