[Retros] The basics of the relationsship between laws and conventions

Guus Rol grol33 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 07:30:01 EDT 2014

Hi Kevin,

I have taken a leaf out of your Rule Book in my latest post on the 3R and
50M conventions. Please let me know your opinion on what I have done to the
"FIDE laws".

As a general note: the main objective of my research is the retro-active
domain. Though it touches on various types of laws and conventions, these
are not my targets. I know Andrew at one time set out to redesign the laws
and I am not sure whether that work came to a conclusion. I am happy to use
whatever consensus is out there as long as it is workable for the
retro-field.

Best wishes, Guus Rol.