[Retros] More Dupont-"originals"

Otto Janko otto at janko.at
Fri Jun 21 11:12:22 EDT 2013

>> The codex is pretty clear nowadays:

> [22] Including the Internet and electronic mailing lists, but

> not e-mail.

The intention is clear, but the wording is insufficient. [22] should apply
to *public* mailing lists only, not to private mailing lists. There is
absolutely no difference between sending a mail to 20 recipients and sending
a mail to a private mailing list containung the same 20 addresses.

A public mailing list is a mailing list to which everyone can subscribe
(like the RML), a private mailing list is one which is maintained manually
by someone.

Another issue: In principle I could copy the mail addresses of all members
of the RML to the "TO" field of a mail. This mail would reach all RML
members, but it's *technically* NOT sent via a mailing list and therefore no
publication?!

~ÔttÔ~