[Retros] Messigny 2013 results
Joost de Heer
joost at sanguis.xs4all.nl
Fri Jul 5 03:29:59 EDT 2013
(Apologies, I know that the retro list probably isn't the best place to
discuss fairy mess......)
> Nicolas Dupont later showed me a Monochrome Chess definition that
> explicitly mentions queen side castling (most others apparently don't
> mention it). This definition says that queen side castling is illegal, so
> I now think that it should be illegal,
Just because one definition says it's illegal doesn't make it illegal.
- In (Hyper)volage, the rook will not change colour after queenside castling
- In monochrome, queenside castling is forbidden because the rook changes
So in one case it matters that the square colour changes, in the other it
- In Einstein, the rook will become a bishop after castling
- In Antiandernach, the rook will not change colour after castling.
- In Haan, castling leaves two holes
So in some cases aftereffects are applied to the rook, in others they aren't.
I'm starting to agree more and more with Kevin's 'fairy chess == mess'
More information about the Retros