[Retros] Messigny 2013 results

Thomas Maeder maeder at glue.ch
Thu Jul 4 16:56:15 EDT 2013

Am 04.07.2013 21:10, schrieb Joost de Heer:

> How does Madrasi+Maximummer work? Or Madrasi+Haan vs Maximummer+Haan?

I'm sure that nobody has ever defined it.

Popeye implements Madrasi+Maximummer with regular (non-Maximummer) paralysis. I.e. in the position white ra1 black ra5, the rooks are paralysed even if the distance to h1/h5 is longer than to the other rook. Other programs may well do this differently.

In Madrasi+Haan, observation doesn't go through holes. This seems very natural, so I doubt that any program would do this differently.

I don't get the question about Maximummer+Haan.

All this seems unrelated to my previous post, though.

--
Thomas