[Retros] Two-pawns chess

Francois Labelle flab at wismuth.com
Sat Sep 15 14:19:33 EDT 2012

On 09/15/2012 10:26 AM, Nicolas Dupont wrote:

>>> So, in my humble opinion, "you have lost the game" should be

>>> changed in "you are checkmated", if one wants to define "N-pawns

>>> chess" as a fairy condition.

>> I don't see what change this makes. Both checkmate and the capture of

>> the one's Nth pawn are terminating conditions.

> But in this case "N-pawns chess" is not a fairy condition, just a new

> aim (capturing N pawns from the same side), a particular case of the

> "x" aim.

My point remains: you haven't accomplished anything with your change.
Maybe you meant to say that "you have lost the game" should be changed
to "your king has been captured"? The idea being that this rule combined
with the fact that players must not let their king get captured would
cause some difference in the legality of moves.

>> consider the position W: Ka1 Pa2, B: Ra8 Pb3. What about

>> a2xb3?

> Sorry, François just answered this question!

Well I just described the interpretation I used. My move generator only
generates orthodox-legal moves and I didn't want to muck with it.

Francois