[Retros] Improvement of the Retro Corner?
juha_saukkola at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 22 15:26:36 EDT 2010
I found this very usable script:
It's easy to use this to show any solutions, but recorder must be programmed.
Is it worth many hours of work?
From: otto at janko.at
To: retros at janko.at
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 22:03:16 +0200
Subject: [Retros] Improvement of the Retro Corner?
Something like this?
(Click on the solution button of problem 14316, 14317 or 14318.)
Unfortunately, there are several issues:
1. The script is useful for forward play only. Basically, in Retro analysis it is only useful for proof games.
2. The script does not support fairy pieces, fairy boards, etc.
3. The effort to integrate a "playable solution" in a HTML page is relatively high and includes manually editing the HTML code. Many solitions in the Retro Corner are not suitable for the script; comments must be stripped, errors must be corrected (e.g. S for N), etc.
4. The effort to integrate the script in already existing pages is even higher
Is anyone aware of a script that is more suitable for Retro problems?
- Otto Janko [mailto:otto at janko.at] [http://www.janko.at]
-- Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security,
- will not have, nor do they deserve, either one. [Benjamin Franklin]
From: retros-bounces at janko.at [mailto:retros-bounces at janko.at] On Behalf Of Juha Saukkola
Sent: Monday, July 26, 2010 2:56 PM
To: retros at janko.at
Subject: Re: [Retros] Improvement of the Retro Corner?
I meant it would be nice to see game in the board (especially PG's).
> From: molware at xs4all.nl
> To: retros at janko.at
> Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 12:44:21 +0200
> Subject: Re: [Retros] Improvement of the Retro Corner?
> To me the new feature is definately an improvement. It's fast and
> efficient and it looks very good.
> On Tue, 2010-07-20 at 21:15 +0200, Otto Janko wrote:
> > Dear Retro Friends,
> > Please have a look at http://www.janko.at/Retros/Schwalbe/N240.htm and click
> > on the "Solution" button.
> > Provided that your browser supports basic CSS (every modern browser does
> > hides the solution again.
> > Compare this to http://www.janko.at/Retros/Schwalbe/N239.htm -- is the new
> > feature an appreciated improvement or should we stay with the classic link
> > mechanism?
> > Best Regards,
> > - Otto Janko [mailto:otto at janko.at] [http://www.janko.at]
> > -- Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security,
> > - will not have, nor do they deserve, either one. [Benjamin Franklin]
> > _______________________________________________
> > Retros mailing list
> > Retros at janko.at
> > http://www.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/retros
> Retros mailing list
> Retros at janko.at
_______________________________________________ Retros mailing list Retros at janko.at http://www.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/retros
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Retros