[Retros] Fwd: Proof game promotion task

pastmaker at aol.com pastmaker at aol.com
Sun May 16 21:01:00 EDT 2010

But the selection and application of the criteria to which Andrey refers will present exactly the same issues -- which criteria are the right ones? what is their respective weight? etc.) as are presented by the current subjective application of unknown criteria.

I have never understood why the problems published in a journal are involved in an informal tourney. It was a surprise to me when I first sent a composition to a journal decades ago, and I still find it mysterious.

Tom Volet