[Retros] Building a complete and friendly retro library

raosorio at fibertel.com.ar raosorio at fibertel.com.ar
Sat May 17 09:05:13 EDT 2008

Hi friends,

We were discussing with Nicolas Dupont about the necessity of having an ordered,
complete and friendly source to easily get the PGs state of the art in every respect.

We were focussed on PGs but after some interaction with Otto Janko this concept
was extended to all the retroanalysis specialties.

Otto informed us that he started some time ago a retro-wiki targeted to build such a
source but this initiative had no too much success in the RML.

It's perhaps a matter of communication, so I propose to start it again. We agreed with
Otto that the best way would be to participate the retro community via this RML
in order to structure the wiki (which is as far as I understand a very flexible tool) altogether.

I would like to remark what I have in mind: there are many problems, articles, Awards,
comments, definitions, etc, published all over the world; an endless ocean to be
navigated lonely. When one is trying to go deeper with something it's a must to start
from its state of the art, but how to get it?

Magazines are the original source for most problems, articles, etc, but places like the
Retrocorner are the natural (and indispensable) secondary source; other way, how to
put the pieces altogether?

This should be started by an Otto's message indicating what we should define first in
order to build the wiki structure. The wiki is a tool and this initiative will make sense if
the retroexperts collaborate filling it with contents; other way, it would be an empty vessel.

(http://retrowiki.janko.at/. is already fully functional; nevertheless we should wait
to edit it until some agreement about the desired structure is reached on the RML).

Some messages from the retro community supporting this initiative would be very appreciated.

Best,
Roberto Osorio