[Retros] The only move?

Pastmaker at aol.com Pastmaker at aol.com
Thu Mar 20 21:23:53 EDT 2008

Please excuse me if I have not understood the description. The following
problem, which I posted to the mailing list a couple of years ago, satisifies what
I understand to be the requirements (one side has only one move, the other
none) and presents the e.p. capture with 18 units:
[6nr/5K1k/2bq1n1b/3prPp1/5ppp/6np/7p/8 (2, 16)]

Black has no moves in the diagram position as it demonstrably moved last, and
White has only one move: PxP e.p., mate.

Regards,
Tom Volet

Create a Home Theater Like the Pros. Watch the video
on AOL Home.