[Retros] Ke1 - g1 (Are the King and the Rook....?)

Valery Liskovets liskov at im.bas-net.by
Fri Feb 8 06:35:45 EST 2008

Dear retro-friends,

Two passing remarks on this fruitful discussion.

1. Jorg Kuhlmann's award for fairies in Die Schwalbe 228 is now available at
http://www.dieschwalbe.de/unserezeitschrift/aktuelledieschwalbe/aktuelleschwalbe.html

2. In the PDB, I found 15 problems based on the rules of touching pieces
(beruehrt - gefuehrt, or BG). Among them:
2 are with illegal positions (including the earliest one by Trillon, 1969);
12 are with ep-keymoves;
2 are of FAIRY genre retro-volages (with a proper modification of this
rule wrt recoloring pieces proposed and briefly described by me).

Among the 12, 5 problems published in 1981-89 (including 4 mine)
strongly depend on the additional assumption that in composition,
by default (or otherwise to be stipulated explicitly), only one ORDER
OF TOUCHING PIECES while capturing (at least e.p.) is admitted:
first the own capturing piece, then the opponent's one to be captured...

Valery Liskovets