[Retros] Problems for Messigny 2008

Pascal Wassong pascal.wassong at free.fr
Sat Apr 5 07:49:29 EDT 2008

Hello,

I did not yet receive enough easy problems for the contest. So I here
repeat my call for problems. I received some originals, but half of
them are too difficult.

I need 3 more orthodox SPGs and one classical retro (I already have a
fairy SPG). I would like to make the final selection in about 3
weeks, so send your problem(s) before 26th april.

Please send your problem directly to me (pascal.wassong at free.fr), not
to this list !

Thanks for your help,
Pascal

Pascal> Hello, I am starting to gather retro problems for the
Pascal> retro solving contest which will take place in Messigny in
Pascal> May.

Pascal> I am here asking composers to send me originals for this
Pascal> contest. I need 8 problems, mostly proof games, but also
Pascal> one or two other retros. One fairy problem is also
Pascal> welcome.

Pascal> These last years, the submitted problems have been too
Pascal> difficult. So I will favor easy problems. But if I don't
Pascal> receive enough compositions, I'll use what I have.

Pascal> Please send your problem directly to me
Pascal> (pascal.wassong at free.fr), not to this list !

Pascal> Also, if you include the solution, do so in a way that I
Pascal> won't see it immediatly, as I would like to solve the
Pascal> problems myself, to get a feel of their difficulty.

Pascal> I suggest that after the competition, the problems will be
Pascal> published in Phénix as originals.