[Retros] R0141

afretro afretro at yandex.ru
Mon Oct 22 14:05:25 EDT 2007

Dear all,

Michel wrote:

> R0141, presented as a "nice orthodox retro", is simply

> one of the most fantastic retros of all times, pulverizing

> in a brillant manner the famous, more than 65-years standing,

> record by Hugo August, Die Schwalbe 1941 (in 54 moves).

Since 1995 there is a new record: P. Wassong, PDB P0004385 ((version by G. Wilts? – I’m not sure whose suggestion it is: add moves Rab2 / f3 / Qa2 Ba7+) – 55 single moves without duals.

Goran wrote:

> Is R01414 (= R0141) really sound? In my solution, not all moves

> are precisely determined, there are some small variations

> possible, and I only get 60 "almost" determined moves.

The intention featured bNg7 in the retroplay-starting (intermediate) position.
Let us hope the record can be beaten using this “matrix” anyway, even if by a smaller number of moves.

Best regards,
Andrey