[Retros] Castling temporarily changed and repetition of position

Olli Heimo olli.heimo at luukku.com
Wed Oct 17 07:15:31 EDT 2007

Alain BROBECKER kirjoitti 17.10.2007 kello 13:12:

> Dear retro-fans

> or if the right

> >to castle has been changed temporarily or permanently.

> My view is that the word temporarily is superfluous since the case

Think about this: wKe1 wRh1 wBa7 - bKe8 bpe2. Game continues
1.Kf2 Kf7 2.Ke1 Ke8 3.Kf2 Kf7 4.Ke1 and now black claims for
draw by intending the move 4. - Ke8. White says no because
in the beginning he had permanent castling right. A few
years ago I suggested in Finland that both words "temporarily
and permanently" should be removed from the rules and perhaps
replaced with the word "immidiate".
Olli.