[Retros] Is it always right to loose because time?

Courtenay Footman cpf at lightlink.com
Tue Oct 9 17:51:29 EDT 2007

On Tue, 9 Oct 2007, Franco wrote:

> Hi friends,

> let us suppose that after his flag's fall the player

> shows to the arbiter that the only legal move

> he had just was checkmate.

> As example:

> 1k6-ppp5-8-KP6-P7-8-Q2r4-4b3

> W plays Qg8 and then B flag just fall before he can move.

> The only move he could do is just: Rd8 mate!

> The Question is: is it right that Black looses that game

> because time?

> I think no. I think Black is the winner.

> bye

> Franco

I disagree. Black spent too much time earlier in the game achieving
this position. If he had moved faster, he may have played differently,
and not gotten this position. As it was, he played too slowly, and his
flag fell. He lost.

--
Courtenay Footman I have again gotten back on the net, and
cpf at lightlink.com again I will never get anything done.