[Retros] HAP problems, new one and webpage

Alain BROBECKER abrobecker at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 26 01:54:53 EST 2007

Dear Retro-fans,

I created a stand-alone webpage, in English, for chess problems
in Human/Animal/Pawn notation. You can find it here:

http://abrobecker.free.fr/chess/hap.htm

I added stalemate(+dead reckoning+50M, etc) symbol =, and decided
to change castling to O (instead of HA) to avoid typing errors.
Sorry for any inconvenience.

Of course i added Bernd's very pleasant (and easy enough for me)
problems (3rd one with e.p. is missing).
I will include problems as they come, maybe make an article for
Phénix if it's suitable.

Last, i added the following C+ (not by Mario this time ;) problem:
5) Find the unique game written
1.P P 2.PxP HxP 3.H HxP 4.HxP HxA 5.AxP AxH 6.AxP HxH 7.AxP HxP
8.AxP+ HxA 9.HxH AxP 10.HxH AxP 11.HxA AxA+ 12.AxA AxH 13.AxP AxP
14.AxA AxP 15.AxH AxP 16.AxP+ HxA 17.HxA=

I know it's a cheat ;-). Btw, does someone know the name of the original
author of the problem? Solution on the webpage.

Thank you to Mark Tilford for inventing it (HAP didn't really got
unnoticed since Peter Fayers devoted an article to it, anyway it's
a nice idea!), to Mario Richter for his computer testing and to Bernd
for the originals.

regards, Alain

Alain Brobecker (abrobecker at yahoo.com) |_ _ _ |_
http://abrobecker.free.fr/ |_)(_|(_|| ) of Arm's Tech