[Retros] A funny question about FIDE rules
abrobecker at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 22 06:12:52 EDT 2007
If i recall correctly, the situation on board primes to everything.
So mate, stalemate, dead reckoning shall be prioritary.
1) Resign + mate => mate
2) Resign + stalemate => stalemate (draw)
3) Resign + enemy's flag fall
4) Resign + dead reckoning => DR (draw)
5) offer a draw + mate => mate (if they/the referee notice)
6) offer a draw + enemy's flag fall
I think in 6 the flag fall wil be prioritary, because the move
of the enemy (accepting the draw offer) has not been completed.
In 3, normally one doesn't resign when opponent's clock is
running. Resigning is part of one's move...
Anyway, all those would be very "funny" in a real tournament! :)
Alain Brobecker (abrobecker at yahoo.com) |_ _ _ |_
http://abrobecker.free.fr/ |_)(_|(_|| ) of Arm's Tech
Take the Internet to Go: Yahoo!Go puts the Internet in your pocket: mail, news, photos & more.
More information about the Retros