[Retros] How many times could a Diagram be repeated during aproofgame?

A J Mestel A.J.Mestel at damtp.cam.ac.uk
Tue Jun 5 06:00:47 EDT 2007

As I understand it, we're defining a position as "different" if different
moves are available to each side, even though logically in a game having
the extra option to castle shouldn't prevent one side from claiming a
draw if it wants to.

Yet, unless I've missed something, we are defining two positions as the
same even if one is winning but the second is not because of the 50 moves
rule!

We could argue that a position with 50moves left is different from one
with 47 moves left is different from one with 2 moves left...

Or does this way lie madness?

Jonathan