[Retros] Economy rules

pastmaker at aol.com pastmaker at aol.com
Tue Dec 4 13:43:37 EST 2007

Good thinking, Joost!

-----Original Message-----
From: Joost de Heer <joost at sanguis.xs4all.nl>
Sent: Tue, 4 Dec 2007 5:54 am
Subject: Re: [Retros] Economy rules

> Another point is that I would quite like to retain a lightness of touch in the?

> evaluation criteria for chess compositions, except in the domain of tasks?

> (where the criteria need to be spelled out explicitly).?

?
I was talking about a task problem. The position has 1 white king, one black king, 4 neutral pawns, and one extra piece to avoid a cook. This piece can be a white pawn or a black knight.?
?
I've solved the issue by sending both versions to the editor and let him choose which is the more economical :).?
?
Joost?